1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. A purchase will not improve your chance to win. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE. In order to accumulate points and earn prizes in the Merrimack Valley Credit Union’s CashIQ Trivia Game (the “Contest”), the person playing by taking quizzes and accumulating points (the “Player”) must be an existing member or a potential member who meets these eligibility requirements: live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in the Merrimack Valley area (details: https://www.mvcu.com/who-can-join), or have an immediate family member that is already a member of MVCU or lives in the field of membership to be eligible to join Merrimack Valley Credit Union (MVCU).. Employees, officers and directors of Merrimack Valley Credit Union (collectively, the “Company”), its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and website providers (individually or collectively, the “Promoters”) and their immediate family members and/or others living in the same household may participate in the Contest.
3. HOW DO I PLAY? To play the trivia game, the Player will visit the web site www.PlayCashIQ.com, and will proceed to take quizzes organized into multiple categories. The Player may elect to take only a single quiz or multiple quizzes. Every question on each quiz has a value of 10 points (“Points”) which have no cash value.
The Player may accumulate as many Points as possible. The first time a user takes a quiz and associates their email address with the quiz results, those Points will be recorded. The Player may retake any quiz, however, the first time the quiz is played will be the official accumulation of Points.
By playing the game and taking the quizzes, the Player will accumulate Points. These Points can be used to win prizes that are listed on the www.PlayCashIQ.com site. Points have no cash value, but may be redeemed for prizes shown on the site. A Player must have at least the full amount of Points as the Prize’s Point Value as shown on the website to redeem the Prize. Players may redeem Points for multiple prizes, and their point total will not be reduced as redemption occurs.
By entering an email address and selecting the acknowledgment button following the end of each quiz, a Player is agreeing to these Official Rules, and each Player represents and warrants that he or she is the person listed on the Quiz Form submitted in connection with the Contest. Promoter is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for entries which are lost, late, delayed, misdirected, electronically garbled, damaged, incompletely received, otherwise defective or lost in cyberspace due to any reason, all of which will void the entry. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Promoter. Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest and award a prize from entries received up to the time of termination or suspension, for any reason, including, but not limited to, a virus, bug or other causes beyond Promoter’s control, unauthorized human intervention, malfunction, computer problems, phone line or network hardware or software malfunction, which, in the sole opinion of Promoter, corrupt, compromise or materially affect the administration, fairness, security or proper play of the Contest or proper submission of Quiz Forms.
Quiz Forms must be submitted online following the completion of each Contest quiz category. All Quiz Forms must be submitted during the Contest Entry Period to be eligible.
4. NUMBER OF ENTRIES. Each Player may submit as many Quiz Forms per category as they wish. However ONLY the first submission, determined by date and time stamp, will be used in determining the official Points to be awarded for that category.
5. CONTENT REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY FORM. All content in Quiz Form must be completed. This may include an Email Address, Full Name and Zip Code of Residence. Players who use multiple email addresses to win Points for a quiz category will only be permitted to redeem points for one email address per category. To determine which quiz results are utilized for determination of points, all email addresses associated with the Player will be reviewed, and the oldest date/time Quiz Form completion for each category will be utilized. Players are solely responsible for transmission of Quiz Forms and assume all risk that such Quiz Forms are not received by Promoter or are received incomplete. Promoter shall have no liability or obligation with regard to Quiz Forms which are not received, or are received incompletely, without regard to the reasons for such incompleteness or non-delivery.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY. As a condition of participating in the Contest, and by submitting a Quiz Form, Player warrants and represents that the Quiz Form and all of its content: 1. provide accurate identification information; 2. provide for acceptance of all necessary terms and conditions of this Contest; and 3. are provided to officially record the Quiz results and point accumulation. It is Promoter’s determination as to whether the content of a Quiz Form is considered the first-time played results of the Quiz for the individual categories.
7. HOW DO I WIN? Players may accumulate Points throughout the game. The Player may elect to redeem Points accumulated for Prizes associated with specific point values. Players must take a valid copy of an email showing total accumulated points to a Merrimack Valley Credit Union branch, and meet with a branch representative to redeem the Points per the requirements shown on the web site. Winners are subject to verification of eligibility and identity per these rules which must be completely satisfactory as determined by Promoter in its absolute and sole discretion.
WHAT CAN I WIN? Players may redeem Points for Prizes as outlined on the website. The following are the Prizes as defined at launch of the campaign. The official prizes are listed on the website:
120 Points – $25 credit when opening any new checking/savings account.*1
160 Points – $100 gift card when financing a new student loan*2 OR $100 cash back for any auto, watercraft, or leisure vehicle loan with a starting balance $5,000 or higher.*3
200 Points – $200 cash back for any auto, watercraft, or leisure vehicle loan with a starting balance $10,000 or higher.*3
300 Points – $510 Appraisal credit*4 or Financial Check-Up with a licensed investment advisor.*5
*Some restrictions may apply. To qualify for these incentives, you must be an existing member or a potential member who meets these eligibility requirements: live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in the Merrimack Valley area (details: https://www.mvcu.com/who-can-join), or have an immediate family member that is already a member of MVCU or lives in the field of membership to be eligible to join Merrimack Valley Credit Union (MVCU). Incentives expire one year after awarded. Not valid for existing accounts, closed loans, or loans in process. Individuals are permitted to win multiple prizes, but can only win each prize once.
*1 Account must be in good standing. After 90 days of account opening, $25 will be credited into your account.
*2 $100 Visa® gift card will be mailed within 90 days of student loan closing.
*3 Receive $100 (loan balance of $5,000 and up) or $200 (loan balance of $10,000 and up) for opening a new auto or recreational vehicle loan. Commercial vehicles do not qualify for this program. Loan must be in good standing. Cashback incentive will be issued to account holder within 90 days of loan closing date. Excludes existing MVCU auto loans. Subject to credit qualifications and approval.
*4 Appraisal fee up to $510 for any new purchase mortgage will be credited at closing. Subject to credit qualifications and approval.
*5 FREE, no obligation, financial check-up with a licensed Investment advisor. Securities and advisory services offered through LPL Financial, a registered investment advisor, member FINRA/SIPC. Insurance products offered through LPL Financial or its licensed affiliates. Merrimack Valley Credit Union and Merrimack Valley Retirement and Investment Services are not registered broker/dealers and are not affiliated with LPL Financial. Investments are not NCUA insured, not guaranteed by the Credit Union, and may lose value. Appointments are highly encouraged and are scheduled on a first come, first served basis according to the advisor’s availability.
Winners may not request prize substitution or cash redemption. Prizes are not transferable. Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize, or variations of any part of a prize in its sole discretion. Promoter makes no warranties or disclaimers concerning the prizes beyond those customarily given by Promoter or already given by third parties in connection with any part of the prizes.
8. REQUIREMENTS OF CATEGORY WINNERS. As a precondition to the award of any prize to be redeemed for Points: 1. Return Consent and Release Agreements, executed by Winners. 2. In the Consent and Release Agreement, Winner will be required, wherever lawful, to agree in writing that: 1. Promoter may use the name, image, likeness and persona of Winner in any print, Internet and television advertising, filming behind the scenes, and interviews. All such photographs, audio or video recordings and/or related material shall be the property of Promoter. 2. Promoter has the ultimate right, in its sole discretion, to make the final determination on all aspects of any photos, audio, or video recordings of Winner, including the ultimate use or non-use of the images and/or recordings. 3. Player assigns or licenses the intellectual property rights in his or her Quiz Form to Promoter. 4. Winner will be required to commit to participate in the Contest without any compensation (other than the Prize) or right of approval. Such participation may include, but is not limited to: 1. Participation in and assistance with photo, audio, and video appearances as reasonably requested by Promoter for a period of up to one year after Winner’s redemption of Points; 2. Participation in media interviews and/or mentions in press releases for a period of up to one year after Winner’s redemption of Points; 3. Inclusion in print, television and online marketing and promotional materials for a period of up to one year after Winner’s redemption of Points; 4. Indefinite use of Winner’s name, likeness and statements in online channels, including but not limited to Promoter’s website, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts. 5. Winner must agree in writing to such other provisions as Promoter may reasonably require, in its sole discretion. In the event the Winner fails to complete any of the aforementioned requirements, such Winner may be disqualified and the Points ineligible for redemption.
9. ADDITIONAL TERMS. Promoters and their promotional and advertising agencies shall have no liability and shall be released and held harmless by Player(s) for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, game play, quiz contents (including questions and answers) or participation in this Contest.
10. PRIVACY. Information Players provide to Merrimack Valley Credit Union will be used to communicate with Players regarding this Contest and otherwise as set forth in these Official Rules, as well as to contact Players at a later date with respect to products or services that the Promoters believe may be of interest to them. By submitting an entry, all Players acknowledge and agree that the personal information that they have provided will be maintained on Merrimack Valley Credit Union’s server and/or the server of those responsible for administering the Contest, all in accordance with the Merrimack Valley Credit Union’s Privacy Statement available at ONLINE STATEMENT.
Any Player wishing to have their Quiz Form removed from the Contest website may do so via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or written request to Marketing Dept, MVCU, 500 Merrimack St, Lawrence, MA 01843. It is the sole responsibility of the Player to ensure delivery of the email request, and confirmation of the receipt of such message. Any request for removal of a Player will be honored and executed within a timely 7-10 day period.
11. DISPUTES. Each Player agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Massachusetts; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Players be permitted to obtain awards for, and Players hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (4) any information related to questions and answers of the quizzes are provided in a summary form and details regarding interpretation of said questions and answers shall in no manner be considered a financial recommendation, commitment, obligation, or instruction by Merrimack Valley Credit Union. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Players and Promoters in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Massachusetts.
12. HOLD HARMLESS. By participating in the contest, you agree to release and hold harmless the Promoters and their employees, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this Contest, including infringement of intellectual property rights. Merrimack Valley Credit Union and each of its employees, directors, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies assume no responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part from this Contest.
13. PROMOTER. Merrimack Valley Credit Union, 500 Merrimack St, Lawrence, MA 01843 is the Promoter of this Contest. Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Contest at any time and substitute another promotion in its place.
14. CONTEST RESULTS AND OFFICIAL RULES. To obtain the identity of the Winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email request to email@example.com. © 2018 Merrimack Valley Credit Union. All rights reserved. Contest Entrants and Nominators are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for their own personal use and not for any other commercial purpose whatsoever.